Friday, December 6, 2013

The Abused - Loud and Clear 7"


The last of my record sell off money has been spent, but it was well worth it. I was able to upgrade my Vertigo swirl Black Sabbath Paranoid album and with the rest, score this little number right here.
When it comes to early NYHC, The Abused's Loud and Clear 7" is right there with Agnostic Front's United Blood ep, Bad Brains' Pay to Cum 7" (yeah - D.C. first, I know) and Antidote's Thou Shalt Not Kill for sheer history and collect-ability.


This record has been near the top of my want list for years, but was hard to commit to due to the escalating price and difficulty in finding one in top condition.
Luckily, this one popped up on ebay with the always advantageous "US Bidders Only" condition. Nothing better than sellers who eliminate half the market right off the start. Plus we all know how Euros throw the money around. This was easy pickings.
I just dropped my main man in all things metal and generic youth crew hardcore Mike an email and set up for him to be the shipping address. I have to say, things worked out great. I won the auction, had the record shipped to Maine in two days, and then had Mike mail it on to me. Three weeks later, touchdown.

This copy is super clean. I don't know if it had ever been played before. There isn't even one spindle mark on the label.


This copy comes complete with the two sided insert. Once again, this is in great shape, if not folded a bit funny.



It never fails that once I buy a super rare expensive record, a repress or reissue is released right around the same time. I see a 12" was just released on Radio Raheem Records recently that includes this 7", their demo and some live tracks. Do I regret spending a ton of dough on an original pressing when a comprehensive compilation is now available? Come on man, what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Glad it arrived safely. Goddamn, is there anything left on your Want List?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's about 8 Have Heart demo 7"s I still need. I wouldn't mind a Youth of Today CCME on orange with Batman stamp. GB 7" on green. Some Rev tapes. That's about it!
    Time to focus on Rise Above die hard versions. I always need a reason to blow money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://whofuckedjesus.bandcamp.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/wfj666

    ReplyDelete