Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Have Heart - Sink With Cali 2005 fest press

"The essence of Mortal Kombat is not about death, but life."

I am a sucker for tour/festival presses, special covers, record releases, whatever. From bands who number the cover with a sharpie for a record release to a label that presses special color vinyl and silk screened covers for a festival, I love it all.
Of course, the better the effort, the more I love it, want it, and become obsessed with it.

At the top of the list are the Have Heart 2005 Sink With Cali fest presses. Two separate releases, Bottled Up's 2003 Demo and Think Fast's What Counts, tied together by Mortal Kombat themed covers.
Have Heart are no strangers to the fest/tour press and covers, but this is hands down my personal favorite of theirs. Once I saw a picture of them online, they went straight to my want list. Love at first sight. It doesn't hurt that I'm a sucker for Mortal Kombat. I even liked the movie. That is a bold statement.
First up is the "2003 Demo" put out by Bottled Up with Sub Zero on the cover. According to the Bottled Up myspace page, 100 copies were pressed on black vinyl with stamped labels especially for this show. Bad ass.




Next is "What Counts" on Think Fast with Scorpion on the cover. They used black vinyl from a previous pressing for this. It is generally accepted as 100 copies were available as well, don't quote me on that though.



1 comment:

  1. Nice. That Sub Zero cover is one of the few records I need for my Have Heart demo collection.

    ReplyDelete