Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ruiner - I Heard These Dudes Are Assholes : Record Release & Euro Tour

Three years is a long time.

Back in 2008, I read that Runier would be releasing a discography of sorts through Bridge Nine. The discography album,"I Heard These Dudes Are Assholes", would span their What Could Possibly Go Right 7", the "Still Smiling" demo and also their split 7" with Day Of The Dead.
It made sense, Firestarter wasn't repressing the 7" anymore, so it was a great way for people to hear some of the best hardcore EVER recorded if they missed out the first time.
Seriously, Paint Peals, Getting Over The Years, Out Go The Candles, A Bridge Too Many and Six By Six are untouchable.

Personally, I wanted this record just to get the demo songs. I already had a few copies of the 7" and split. I also understood that the songs would be remastered, so I figured it was a no brainer.

Almost immediately after I ordered the record from Bridge Nine, I started reading about a record release/ Euro tour version with a special cover that would be out of 200. Knowing I wouldn't be able to get this version first hand, I just put it on my want list. I figured they would start popping up sooner than later.

Well over three years later I was FINALLY able to find one, bid on it and win it for just over $30. It took fucking long enough. Hell, I've had a second kid who is now going to pre-school in the time it took me to get this record. What ever happened to instant gratification through the internet?

As you can see the big hook of the special cover is that it is a recreation of the first Ramones album cover.

What I didn't know was that the special cover is just a foldover sleeve on top of the regular cover. For whatever reason I thought it was a glued, open on the right cover. Of course it isn't. It is really nice though.

The back is hand numbered out of 200. I got #78.

They used the more common 1st press white vinyl out of 1000 for this version. Black vinyl was the "rare" color from the 1st press out of 500.

The record release / tour package also came with the cd and its thick as hell book. I think the book is the best part of the whole deal, other than the fact it only came with the cd. Pictures, lyrics and awesome write ups by each of the band members about each song.
I forgot to take pictures of it. Just imagine a really thick cd booklet.

Glad I could cross this one my want list. It bugs me when I need something from one of my favorite bands. I've said it before, I'll say it again. I love Ruiner.

No comments:

Post a Comment