Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Rival Mob - HC4HC SFU Showcase


Not too much to write about with this one. The Rival Mob's Hardcore For Hardcore 7" that was specially pressed for the 2010 Six Feet Under Records Showcase. 
I wasn't at the show. I can't tell you a cool story of wrenching it from some kid's hands during the chaos of a merch table war. Nope. I bought it on ebay a couple weeks ago. I have been pretty patient with this one as the cost over the last couple years has been kind of nuts whenever it pops up.

I do have to say now that I finally have it, this is one the nicer looking fest press records I have seen in a while. It's got all the bells and whistles. I really like the variation on the regular cover, the stamped blank labels and the showcase date clearly printed on the back cover instead of carved in with a sharpie or something!


 There were only 75 of these pressed, all on black vinyl.


There was quite a feeding frenzy for these as the band gained more momentum leading up to the release of their latest album. I'm just glad I was able to get one without breaking the bank. Be patient. I'm finally starting to get that.

2 comments:

  1. Really nice. That cover art looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being patient rules. I've lost count of how many records I waited ten years to grab at a decent price.

    ReplyDelete