Sunday, March 14, 2010

Token Entry - Ready or Not...Here We Come!!!


Every once in a while, I am reminded why I do this in the first place.
Today I was flipping through my 7"s and I literally forgot I owned this early hardcore classic.
Token Entry - "Ready Or Not...Here We Come!!!" 7".


I guess one of the reasons I don't pull this one out too often is the absolute pain in the ass it is to get out of the two protective outer sleeves I have for this. This 7" has a weird oversize wide sleeve. Like 7 1/2" wide and 7" tall. I have to put two sleeves on sideways. Anyway...

This record has a real early punk (almost rock and roll) vibe on the songs. Amateur guitar fills all over the place. Not too fast and actually really catchy. The lead song, "Antidote" is a classic early hardcore tune.

The songs were later re-recorded (much faster) and released on "From Beneath the Streets" with their more recognized singer, Timmy Chunks.
This recording has Anthony Comunale on vocals who later left the band and ended up singing for Raw Deal/Killing Time.


As far as collecting goes, this is one record that was heavily bootlegged. There are up to three different colors out there for bootlegs, white/450, blue/100 and maybe a black vinyl as well.
One sure sign to see if it is legit is that all original copies are on black vinyl with green labels and have the wide, heavy stock sleeve that is almost like cardboard. What makes it even more difficult is that the record was self released, so there is no label to easily identify it with.

As always, this is definitely a tough one to buy sight unseen on ebay as it has sold for as much as $125.

I think this record is worth tracking down, as these songs were never re-released elsewhere. Well that and this is some excellent NYHC.

2 comments: