Friday, February 26, 2010

Modern Life Is War - s/t 7" Japanese Tour

I have been on the hunt for this one for a very long time. My quest for the MLIW self titled 7" complete collection has been ongoing for years. This was quite an elusive one to track down.

I had my buddy Shawn asking Joe from Lifeline if he had any extra, I had not one but two private B9 board deals fall through as the sellers wanted upwards of $100 for it. Uh, no thanks. I even tried convincing Shawn that he really didn't need his and that he should just give it up. Yeah, that didn't work either.
As it turns out I won it off ebay a couple weeks ago. Four bidders total, and I got it for $26. Sometimes it pays to be patient. But not often.

Other than the friends press of the 1st press on Modern Life Is War Records, I think I have them all now. As it stands this is my 10th version of this record.
I guess I saved the best for next to last because this is simply beautiful.

This is part of the 5th pressing of this record. 150 pressed on yellow exclusively for the Japanese tour.

They also made an obi strip listing the dates and locations of the shows. It's the little things, the attention to detail, that matters. Obi strips rule. Very metal.

The cover also has the translations of the songs into Japanese which is hella cool!


This was a very nice way to (almost) end this one off. I do hope this is it. 10-11 should be enough. Right?

7 comments:

  1. That is a cool looking record. I love OBI strips on records. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching this then forgot to bid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got more copies of this record than i do you bastard!
    Have you got the box set from the final show yet? I'm looking at mine right now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Doug!!!
    I've looking for your email but I haven't found. I'm posting my little record collection and when I was to post about Chokehold Instilled and Tooth and Nail I don't found any information about pressings or editions. Do you know something about them?

    The Intilled version has green covers. You can see it here:

    http://www.hardcorevinylcollection.blogspot.com/


    My mail is borjarec[a]gmail[dot]com

    Thanx a lot, Borja.

    Pd: Awesome collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Borja,
    I left a message on your blog, but I don't know if it worked very well. I will email you as well.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Doug
    It's a lot more information than I had and enough for what I need. Anyway I'll look for more details...

    Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah memories. I was at the 3/26 show and should have bought more than one of these!

    ReplyDelete