Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Minor Threat - s/t 7"


Some call it the self titled 7 inch, some call it the "Filler" 7 inch, I call it the record I grab when the house is burning down.


It's amazing to look through the How's Your Edge trade lists and find a few serious collectors that will have all four presses of this release. I shake my head in awe.
That is some serious coin, time and effort for four pieces of different colored paper. Push comes to shove, the differences in the pressings are the sleeves. The red sleeve was first and is worth twice as much as the others. Yellow came next, then green and finally blue. The first three pressings were out of 1000 with the last out of 2000.


When the opportunity arose to finally get one of my own, I had the option of the yellow, green and blue covers. Had to go with the yellow. I still think it is the best looking one. However if anyone has a red one kicking around that you want to unload, holla!

1 comment:

  1. Lets not forget the color of the labels are different too. :)

    Love your blog, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete